The Cottenie Commandments -
Rules every learner needs to know
- Thou Shalt Reveal thy Curiosity and Thy Passion.
- Thou Shalt Tell a Story.
- Thou Shalt Dream a Great Dream, or Show Forth a Wondrous New Thing, Or Share Something Thou Hast Never Shared Before.
- Thou Shalt Remember all the while: Laughter is Good.
- Thou Shalt Not Flaunt thine Ego. Be Thou Vulnerable. Speak of thy Failure as well as thy Success.
- Thou Shalt Freely Comment on the Utterances of Other Learners for the Sake of Blessed Connection and Exquisite Controversy.
- Thou Shalt Always Create a Concept Map First, a Written Text Second.
- Thou Shalt Not Simply Trot Out thy Usual Shtick.
- Thou Shalt Repeat: Data is Useless without Metadata.
- Thou Shalt Listen to thy Intuition, but Follow the Data.
Shamelessly copied and adapted from “The TED Commandments – rules every speaker needs to know”